Saturday, December 1, 2007

Wonderful Tonight

Artist - Eric Clapton



It's late in the evening
she's wondering
what clothes to wear.
She puts on her make-up
and brushes her long blonde hair.
And then she asks me,
Do I look all right?
And I say, Yes
you look wonderful tonight
We go to a party
and everyone turns to see
This beautiful lady
that's walking around with me
And then she asks me,
Do you feel all right?
And I say, Yes
I feel wonderful tonight
I feel wonderful because I see
The love light in your eyes
And the wonder of it all
Is that you just don't realize
how much I love you
It's time to go home now
and I've got an aching head
So I give her the car keys
and she helps me to bed
And then I tell her
as I turn out the light
I say, My darling,
you were wonderful tonight
Oh my darling
you were wonderful tonight

No comments: